Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Air Force One Arrival

No matter your political beliefs, it's always cool to see Air Force One up close. At least as up close as the general public can get to it. Today, Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2012 Air Force One and President Obama paid Las Vegas a visit and since I had the day off I decided to go out and capture the arrival.
I went out with only one lens, the 70-200mm 2.8IS thinking that would be all that I needed. I was not sure where I'd be able to park and view or if I would be able to see the jet after it parked and the president walking down the stairs. As it turned out I was in an ideal spot so I should have taken the 100-400 and 1.4x extender for the shots after it landed and started the taxi back to it's resting spot. Even better would have been to borrow my neighbor's 600mm f4. That lens with the 1.4x would have given me 840mm, considerably more reach than the 200mm I was shooting with. Maybe with the big lens combo we could have actually identified him as he stepped off the plane.
Oh well, maybe next time. I'm sure he'll be paying Vegas another visit before the election.
So here's a few of the shots and at the bottom is a link to the gallery of the entire shoot.
©2012 Sirius Productions, LLC - Photography by Greg McKayImages on the website have been digitally watermarked with ownership and usage information. Digimarc and the Digimarc logo are registered trademarks of Digimarc Corporation. The

©2012 Sirius Productions, LLC - Photography by Greg McKayImages on the website have been digitally watermarked with ownership and usage information. Digimarc and the Digimarc logo are registered trademarks of Digimarc Corporation. The

©2012 Sirius Productions, LLC - Photography by Greg McKayImages on the website have been digitally watermarked with ownership and usage information. Digimarc and the Digimarc logo are registered trademarks of Digimarc Corporation. The

©2012 Sirius Productions, LLC - Photography by Greg McKayImages on the website have been digitally watermarked with ownership and usage information. Digimarc and the Digimarc logo are registered trademarks of Digimarc Corporation. The

©2012 Sirius Productions, LLC - Photography by Greg McKayImages on the website have been digitally watermarked with ownership and usage information. Digimarc and the Digimarc logo are registered trademarks of Digimarc Corporation. The
That last shot is probably my favorite. A bit of cropping and fooling around with the image in Lightroom. And as promised, below is the link to the entire gallery.

http://www.siriusproductionsllc.net/Airplanes/Aviation/25341762_6CW4Mf

Feel free to leave a comment below though I must warn you that ANY political statements will be deleted. Enjoy!