Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sunsets....

We had an unexpected beautiful sunset this evening and I just barely caught it! I stepped out into my backyard to see why my dog was barking and was just blown away at the brilliant colors off to the west. I ran in and grabbed my camera as fast as I could because I knew it would only last for a few moments as the sun quickly set over Red Rock Canyon. In just the minute or so it took for me to get the camera the colors had already changed dramatically but were still quite brilliant.
I only wish the foreground was more pleasing but considering I only had about 90 seconds to grab this shot before it completely faded, I'm fairly happy with what I managed to capture.



As usual, clicking on the image will take you to the gallery where a larger version can be viewed. Comments are always welcome.