Sunday, June 21, 2009

What kind of snake am I?

No, it's not one of those silly Facebook quizzes....
I went hiking yesterday with a couple friends and on the drive up to Mount Potosi we came across this snake warming up in the early morning sun. Of course I had to jump out and take a few pics.



I know nothing about snakes and it was obvious by the fact that I so quickly walked up close to this little guy without even thinking about my safety. I even nudged its' tail a couple times to get it to move to a better position for photo taking.
The first time I nudged it it just moved a few inches....the second time it moved a bit more but added a very sinister hiss to let me know it was none too happy with my antics. I took the hint and decided to just get the best shot I could where it decided to lay. Overall I think it was about three feet long but that's really about the extinct of my knowledge of this little guy. If anybody knows for sure what type of snake this is then feel free to leave a comment below.

Clicking on the photo will take you to the gallery of images from our hike up Mount Potosi. The first few are the shots of our little buddy above.