Monday, April 13, 2009

What's worse than taking a bad photo?

Simple, NOT taking any photos at all.
Today was a total waste for me. Sure I got a few chores taken care of around the house. I took my Xterra to get its annual smog check. It passed with flying colors as expected. It's a 2000 Xterra with 104k miles and it keeps on running just fine.
After that I came home and picked up dog p*%p and mowed the lawn.
Now I'm sitting on the couch watching TV and realizing that it was a BEAUTIFUL day outside all day and I never pulled the camera out to snap a few pics.
While out taking my Xterra for the smog check I was listening to a The Tech Guy podcast. One of the segments on Leo's weekly podcast is about photography. They were answering questions from Flickr members and one of the questions was, "How do you get out of a photo shooting rut?" And the answer of course was to just get out and shoot. If you shoot portraits, get out and try shooting landscapes. Shoot something different from what you regularly shoot.

The shot above is a bit outside my "norm". I was asked a while back by a local veterinarian to shoot a few employee photos. I shot a few of the doctors individually and was then asked to shoot a couple groups of employees. This shot turned out to be one of my favorites