Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Making lemons from lemonade....


Or something like that....
As day three came to an end I decided to go out for some star trail pics over the Lake Powell marina and unfortunately the clouds decided to roll in just in time to mess with my plans. I did manage to get Ursa Major (the Big Dipper) peaking through the clouds before we were completely socked in. After waiting around for a while hoping for the clouds to clear I decided to pack it in for the evening. As I turned around to leave I noticed the moon just going behind the clouds right obove the horizon in the west. Between the moon and my position was the road back to the marina and a large yeild sign. There was just enough light hitting it from a nearby streetlight so I decided to setup and shoot a self portrait next to the sign. Details on the photo - Camera on a tripod, ISO 800, 45 second exposure. I started the exposure and ran over to the sign, leaned up against it and stood as still as I could until I heard the shutter click again. I just got lucky on the exposure.