Thursday, April 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home....


As much fun as we had on our little get-away the past five days it sure was nice to be home sleeping in our own comfortable bed with our two furry 70lb kids on top of us. Bella and Sirius were very excited to see us return. Strangely enough it seems to them as though we were never gone, at least no longer than a regular day at work. Our neighbor, Bob, took care of them while we were away and the one thing I noticed after we returned was that Bella did not bark at Bob when he entered the house. I guess miracles do happen....

After finally settling in yesterday my first task was to get all of the vacation images transferred to the computer, then backed up to an external hard drive. That's part of my normal process with all of my images. Also part of my backup procedure is to upload everything to the web using Carbonite.

This shot was taken by my wife, Penny. On our return drive from Page we decided to drive through Zion National Park and shoot some more. I decided to shoot video with the Canon 5DMII and Penny shot stills using my old Canon 5D or should I say "her" 5D. She took this pic of me as I was shooting a pan shot. Notice the Shotgun mic to pick up the sounds of nature. This is actually a stitch of two images that Auto Pano Pro managed to create from one landscape shot and one portrait shot. Penny managed to create several panos on purpose but this one was purely an accident that worked out quite well. I may have created a monster by giving her the camera but it's the only way I'm going to get any shots with me in the picture so I might as well. She actually did really well. Clicking on the photo will take you to her gallery of images. At the moment it only contains the images she made that created panos but as I finish editing all the images I'll be uploading her regular single shots there too so be sure to check back in a few days.