Monday, April 27, 2009

Day Three - Page, AZ....


Another great day here in Page, AZ. The weather today could not have been better. Perfect sunshine for the Antelope Canyon tour, temps in the high 60's or low 70's and only the slightest hint of a breeze. Sounds like the "perfect" time to hit the canyon right? I guess a bazillion other people thought the same thing....... That was the only problem today - TOO MANY PEOPLE!
For those not familiar with Antelope Canyon, it's not a huge area. And when you are trying to shoot with a super-wide angle lens like I was trying to do, it's almost impossible on a day like today to get a decent shot. Here's one shot, pretty much straight out of the camera, no adjustments except for a feeble attempt to darken the far area to hide the PEOPLE. I'll do a better job on this shot when I have more time.

Gotta go now, heading out to try and get some star trails over Lake Powell. At least I shouldn't have to worry about PEOPLE in my shots tonight. Depending on how late I stay out, I may have a second post a bit later. Till then....