Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day one of five.....

We are having a wonderful time on our little get-away to Page, AZ. On the way up here yesterday (Saturday) we took the scenic route and drove through Zion National Park. I'm not spending much time on the computer while we are here so I've only processed one of the shots from Zion and here it is...

The weather was not looking great for the drive up to Zion. We had incredible winds and rain for a good portion of the drive but the weather cleared up pretty well by the time we entered the park. As this shot shows we had just the right balance of sun and clouds to make for some really nice photos. Unfortunately it clouded up a bit before we left the park so we hope to hit some of the overlooks on our way back to Vegas on Wednesday.
After a couple wrong turns here and there we finally made it to the Lake Powell Resort and Marina, our home base for the next few days.
As I write this we are actually at the end of day two but I haven't had a chance to process any of the images from today. Today's big location - Horseshoe Bend. You may not be familiar with the name but if you google it and look at the photos you will probably recognize the location. Hopefully I'll have a shot or two to show off tomorrow (or later tonight).

BTW - I guess I forgot to mention this trip has been organized by the Digital Imaging Association, a small group headed by Fred Yake, a gentleman who's quite the photographer and world traveler. Just click on his gallery link and you will get an idea of the places he's had the great fortune to visit.
Everybody has been very warm and welcoming to Penny and myself as this is our first trip with the group. Next year - a cruise to Alaska! I guess we better start saving now.......