Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy....

I've been very busy the last few days working at the NAB show. NAB, the National Association of Broadcasters is like a candy store for adults in the world of broadcast production. Lots of great speakers the last few days including director, Rob Cohen talking about action films (You may have heard of a few of his films - XXX, The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, The Fast and the Furious) We also had Larry Law in our room talking about all his hits on the Discovery Networks. He's the guy behind Deadliest Catch, Monster Garage, Big, Ax Men, Biker Build Off, and many others.
He was followed up by Josh Schwartz, the creator of Chuck, The O.C. and Gossip Girls.
All in all it was an interesting few days but tomorrow I get back to PhOtOgRaPhY!
I'll be shooting pics for a union show here in Vegas at Bally's hotel. It's the Utility Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO (UWUA). I'm looking forward to a couple days with this group and sure to post my favorite shot or two from the show so stay tuned.

The shot today was taken a while back as my wife and I made a stop in the small town of Winslow, AZ. Off the main Interstate exit to Winslow you will see a tribute to the heroes of the 9/11 event. More shots of the monument can be seen by clicking on the photo. For some of you the town Winslow, AZ has another special meaning and I'm sure you'll realize the reference when you check out the gallery.